Ever had that sense in a meeting that something was going on that you couldn’t quite put your finger on? Maybe there’s been a time when you saw someone get upset at work and you weren’t sure why? This workshop will help you explore the concealed aspects of organisational change.
Benefits to you
This session will help you:
- Understand some of the covert processes that occur when people work together
- Consider how these processes impact on organisational performance
- Understand how these processes impact during transitions as a result of organisational change
- Recognise your own involvement in these processes
During this session we will work through what Robert Marshak refers to as the hidden dimensions of change:
- The political dimension – how individual and group interests might be impacted
- The inspirational dimension – the values and aspirations of those involved
- The emotional dimension – how people feel about the change
- The mindset dimension – the implicit beliefs and assumptions people hold
- The psychodynamic dimension – the anxieties and reactions created by the change
From secret hopes and wishes people might have about change to the risky and difficult things that are hidden under the table this is chance to explore some of the very human aspects of organisational change.
Before & After
To get the most out of our sessions we ask anyone who is joining us to do a bit of preparation, for Covert Processes at Work it would be great if you could:
- Think about a time at work when you had a sense something was going on but you couldn’t quite put your finger on it – it would be great if you were willing to share this during the session
- Think of a time when you were experiencing a change process at work, what dimensions can you identify in the process?
Once you’ve attended an Alchemy workshop we won’t forget you – we will provide a post course area for you to stay in touch. We will also keep refreshing our online resources. You might like to consider our coaching support or a Bite Size follow up session.
As part of the course you will be provided with training materials, and a goodie bag. Hopefully, you will also leave with some new connections and tools.