- Are you looking to change career?
- Is a more flexible work life appealing?
- Do you want to help others develop their projects or organisations?
- Is your organisation thinking of offering consultancy services?
- Are you interested in new challenges?
We are all experiencing extraordinary changes in the world of work. Global shifts are causing unprecedented redistribution in power, wealth and opportunity. New ways of thinking, innovative business models and clarity of purpose are becoming essential features if organisations are to thrive. The scale of the changes may not be unprecedented but the nature and pace of change is certainly changing.
These changes mean that individuals and organisations are more in need of external advice and support than ever before. Changing work patterns and a move away from permanent contracts also means there has been a huge growth in self-employment. This path may not be for everyone, it definitely has its strengths and weaknesses, but this workshop will help you explore if this might be the right thing for you.
If you are considering moving into freelance consultancy you are effectively creating a business of you. So what is the business of you? Over the two days we will help you explore this question – what you might offer, who you want to work with, who your partners might be, what your customers might want. We will also introduce you to some of the tools and frameworks you need to help you become a successful consultant in the creative and cultural sector or beyond.
Benefits to you
The course will help you with:
- Understanding the nature of consulting and if it’s right for you
- Understanding the consulting cycle and how to use it
- The contracting process
- Communicating effectively with clients
- Developing your consulting skills
- Setting yourself up as a freelance consultant
This is a very interactive workshop from the start. We will use a variety of styles, exercises and discussions to really explore what it might mean for you to work as a consultant. We take an action learning approach – we have a framework in mind for the sessions but we will work with you to shape the content of the two days according to your needs.
During the workshop we will use the MBTI and the Business Model You® Canvas to help you uncover your consulting style and how you can use it to best effect when building your offer.
Before and after
To get the most out of our sessions we ask anyone who is joining us to do a bit of preparation. For Moving into Consultancy it would be great if you could:
- Complete the online MBTI – a link will be sent went you register
- Think about any previous experiences you have of working with consultants
- Think about why you are considering moving into consultancy
- Consider any preconceptions you have of being a consultant
Once you’ve attended an Alchemy workshop we won’t forget you – we will provide a post session area to stay in touch. We will also keep refreshing our online resources. You might like to consider our coaching support or a Bite Size follow up session.
As part of the workshop you will be provided with course materials and a goodie bag. Hopefully, you will also leave with a clear sense of where you want to take your consultancy work, some new contacts and positive support for your next steps.